Du Prairie Puppy Page
My Little Sunshine Du Prairie (Sunny) and Kolb’s Badger produced a litter of 11 puppies on October 31st. There are 6 males (3 B/W and 3 Tri) and 5 females (4 B/W and 1 Tri). All are growing well and very content.
If you’d like to see a video,
here is a link to a video of the puppies at 1 week of age: https://photos.app.goo.gl/
This is Sunny’s first litter. She is a kind, obedient and giving tri-color that was born here on our farm from a long line of outstanding, purebred English Shepherds. She is OFA Good and MDR1 Negative/Negative.
Badger is a gentleman in every sense of the word. He is black and white with an Irish coat pattern. He lives on a horse farm and is a great ambassador for the English Shepherd breed. We have used him before as sire and are very happy with his puppies. He has had his hips and joints radio-graphed and no problems were manifest. He is MDR1 Negative/Negative.
Du Prairie Farm English Shepherds are outstanding dogs that excel at farm and livestock chores as well as canine sports, family companions and watch dogs. Ultimate care is given to the parents and puppies which create a stable minded, healthy, all-purpose English Shepherd.
Only excellent temperaments, highly intelligent, healthy English Shepherds are considered for our breeding program. Litters are limited each year to ensure plenty of individual love and attention. Each puppy is acclimated to a variety of things so they are ready for their new families at 8 weeks old.
Du Prairie Puppies are raised to be:
· well socialized, happy and attentive to people and their needs
· enjoy children and adults
· display herding instincts, good for a variety of livestock or canine games
· personable and tolerant
· listen well and follows closely
· courageous and confident, yet not dominate, bossy or aggressive
· intelligent, sensitive, all-purpose English Shepherd, exceptional companion and watch dog
· parents and grandparents with remarkable hip scores, all are MRD1 n/n
· 1st puppy vaccine, dewormed twice before leaving our family
· registered litter with UKC
Our puppies are born in hour home where we handle them all day. They receive daily romps outside, which is pretty entertaining for them. Our puppies are dewormed at 5 and 7 weeks. They visit our veterinarian at 7 weeks for a complete checkup and first puppy vaccine. They are ready for their homes soon thereafter. We can ship a puppy anywhere in the US or Canada after they are 8 weeks old. We would love to hear from you. Please give us a call or send an email.
Bill and Teri Knox